Our plans are adapted to fit our customer’s specific requirements.
We have designed our services to help small businesses or funded startups grow from roughly $1mm - $20mm in annual revenue or from 5 - 100 employees. We do this by providing a cloud-based, scalable accounting department with an experienced team that makes sure you have timely information to make better business decisions.
We collaborate with our customers and consider ourselves as an extended part of your team. This isn’t an end of the month bookkeeping experience. We are working everyday on our customer’s accounting to ensure we are responsive and timely using accrual accounting and providing insight into the numbers.
Although each plan can be customized, we break out our services into three commonly known roles. Most customers start out on the Accountant plan as it will encompass everything you would need to run your business.
Streamlined, Cloud-based Accounting Department
- Software subscriptions
- Real-time transaction processing
- Accrual accounting and supporting schedules
- Maintain accounting transaction support online
- Monthly closing reconciliations
- Financial reporting
- Unlimited phone & email support
- Unlimited access to our referral network
- Software & procedural training
- Meetings with management (Quarterly)
Most Customers Start Here
Budget Tracking to Achieve your Goals
- Includes everything from the Accountant Plan
- Budget-to-actual reporting
- Financial commentary and analysis
Performance Metrics with Actionable Insights
- Includes everything from the Controller Plan
- Performance management dashboard
- What-If analysis or scenario building
- Meetings with management (Monthly)
You can add any of the following add-ons to any plan:
The million dollar question always is, “how much”?
Pricing is based on multiple factors and requires a brief phone/video chat for proper scoping.
Some of the topics we'll discuss are:
- how the business earns its money,
- what operational functions do we need to know,
- the nature of certain transactions that we would need to account for (e.g. is there deferred revenue or commissions),
- frequency of certain reporting (e.g weekly cash reports),
- what services will we perform (e.g. sales invoicing is commonly kept with the operations team) and,
- expected transactional volume.
Ultimately, we’re trying to understand what you would like to see in an optimal accounting partner.
After that discussion, and a review of any existing accounting information, we prepare and provide you with a proposal. The proposal includes plans similar to what you see above but may be customized based on our discussion.
Our prices are fixed, not hourly, and are based on a month-to-month agreement.
General Pricing Guidance
Here are some very rough price guidelines so you’re not completely in the dark before reaching out:
Our minimum price is $1,000 per month.
1-2% of revenue is a fair estimate for certain types of businesses. (Not applicable to pre-revenue startups.)
Gross wages of a qualified accountant based on what you need. (Why not just hire that person? See why in our hiring cost blog post.)
If you are unhappy with our service for any reason, let us know before the next billing cycle and we’ll credit your account. No questions asked.
We give you a fixed price for the work that we perform. This puts you in total control. We will always discuss with you any need for additional work and the pricing for the work. We will always seek your approval before starting the new work.